Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anyone for tea?

Interested to read in the Evening Standard last night that afternoon tea has become so popular in London that some hotels are putting on six sittings a day to cope with demand.  Apparently the Langham has seen a 20% increase in bookings in the last 12 months.

I suppose it's not surprising when we've seen so much interest in traditional activities since the recession: crafts, gardening and, of course, baking.

I absolutely love afternoon tea.  If it counts as a meal, then it's my favourite one!  You can't beat a warm fruit scone with clotted cream and jam.  And I'm partial to a sandwich with its crusts cut off.

We're going to the Landmark in a few weeks time for afternoon tea.  It's supposed to be one of the best in London, so I'm very excited.  I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c