Friday, March 18, 2011

Loving Meryl Streep as Julia

I've been wanting to watch the film 'Julie & Julia' for absolutely ages.  I missed it at the cinema so was super happy when it appeared on Sky Movies last night.   

The film intertwines two true stories.  It contrasts the life of Julia Child, as she embarks on her cooking career in Paris, with the life of young New Yorker Julie Powell, who challenges herself to cook all the recipes in Julia Child's first book and chart her progress in a blog.


Loved the film, not least for the food scenes and the locations.

Meryl Streep is utterly endearing and quite hilarious as Julia.  I enjoyed every second of her portrayal.  The Julie story was a bit ho hum and I'd probably have preferred it if the entire film had focused on Julia Child.

If you haven't seen it, I'd defo recommend it.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c