Monday, July 25, 2011

Salmon tartare shots - recipe

I have a tendency to make work for myself.  When we had friends over for afternoon tea last weekend, I wasn't content to just make scones, oh no, I also felt the need to make whoopie pies, gougeres and these rather pretty salmon tartare shots too.  (My afternoon tea was awesome though ;-) )

They were actually very quick to make (it was the baking that took time).  Nice fresh flavours; they'd also work well as a starter.

Ingredients (serves 4 in small shot glasses):
200g fresh salmon fillet
2 teaspoons capers
Half a red onion
Juice of 1 lemon
Half a cucumber
4 teaspoons of creme fraiche
2 teaspoons caviar (I use lumpfish caviar, which is only a couple of quid)

Method:
Finely chop the salmon, capers and red onion.  Mix with the lemon juice.  Distribute evenly between 4 shot glasses.

Finely chop the cucumber.  Layer on top of the salmon mixture.  Top that with a teaspoon of creme fraiche and half a teaspoon of caviar.


salmon-tartare-shots
Salmon tartare shots

salmon-tartare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c