Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's in season: July

One of the great things I've found about food blogging is that it's given me a whole new understanding of what food is in season.


Being armed with this knowledge means I can buy local produce, saving on evil food miles, but it also gives me inspiration for new recipes.


So, I'm thinking this might be useful for other people too, so my plan is to write a quick blog post at the beginning (ish) of each month with a list of what's in season. Let me know if I miss anything.


What's in season: July

Fruit: Apricots, blackcurrants, blueberries, cherries, elderflowers, gooseberries, loganberries, peaches, raspberries, redcurrants, rhubarb, strawberries, tomatoes

Vegetables: Artichokes, aubergine, beans, beetroot, broccoli, cabbages, carrots, courgettes, cucumber, fennel, garlic, horseradish, kohl rabi, lettuce, mange tout, onions, spring onions, peas, new potatoes, radish, rocket, runner beans, samphire, shallots, sorrel, watercress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c