Friday, May 20, 2011

London street food: Buen Provecho, Waterloo

I've been eyeing up this food stand for a while now.  The menu varies but is mostly meat based.  Today I was in luck though and spied a veggie option - tortas con papas y nopales (tortilla with potatoes and cactus).

The stand, run by the lovely Arturo Ortega Rodriguez, produces fantastic, authentic Mexican food. 

I went for the three tortas option: freshly toasted (homemade) tortillas, filled with a sort of potato cake, refried beans and cactus.  They were awesome. 

One of my favourite things about this stand is that you can help yourself to as much salsa and guacamole as you like.  So I did.  Man alive, one of the tomato salsas was HOT!

If you don't fancy a trip to Waterloo (who can blame you) Arturo also caters for parties.  mail.buenprovecho@googlemail.com


mexican-tortas

mexican-street-food-london

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c