Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hashi cookery school - Japanese cookery courses

Tonight was the third lesson of our beginners Japanese cookery course at Hashi Cooking, in Wimbledon.   


I'm absolutely loving the classes and can't believe how much we're learning.  Today we learnt to make all different types of vegetable tempura (pumpkin, onion, corn, peppers, mushrooms), miso salmon (the same technique as Nobu's famous black miso cod), somen noodle soup and tofu bags with eggs and beans.


I feel like it's a bit intrusive to take too many photos in such a small group but I've been a good little student and taken copious notes, so I'll be sharing everything I've learnt with you as I recreate it at home over the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c