Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Making sushi - pictures

Last night was, sadly, my last Japanese cookery class with Reiko at Hashi Cooking

I loved every minute of the classes.  Reiko is a very thorough, extremely knowledgeable teacher and good fun to boot.  I liked that the classes were quite pacy - learning to make 3 or 4 different things a week means I now have a sizeable Japanese repertoire.  I'll definitely be back in September for the Gourmet lessons. 

The final class focused on making sushi.  I'm not going to try and explain here - it's not hard to make when you have an expert to show you how but it is hard to explain in words.  Have a look at some pics instead. 

It's the first time I've made sushi and, whilst the results were far from perfect, they tasted bloody good!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks very much for stopping by. Always love to hear your comments. c